SGF welcomes donations for any and all of the following purposes:
- In celebration – to commemorate a birthday, wedding, graduation, or other occasion
- In memory – to acknowledge the life of someone who has passed on
- In hope or prayer – to offer support for someone who is ill or facing a tough challenge
- Year-end or other gifts
- Directed donations targeted to specific programs (such as the SGF/Winona Partnership to help eligible boys attend Camp Winona in Bridgton, ME)
Donations can be made by check or credit card. Gifts of appreciated stock and bequests are welcomed as well.
Donate by Check
To donate by check, please mail your contribution to:
Steve Glidden Foundation
PO Box 1427
Point Roberts, WA 98281
Donate by Credit Card
Please select one of the options below:
- PayPal: Donations, including monthly or recurring donations, can be made through PayPal. There are modest fees associated with this method (2.2% + $0.30 per donation). Since donations made this way go directly to SGF, the tax acknowledgement to the donor would come from SGF. Monthly (recurring) donations are easy to arrange via PayPal.
- PayPal Giving Fund: Those who have an existing PayPal account (or who sign up for one) can donate using the PayPal Giving Fund (which is its own 501(c)3 entity and thus handles all tax-related acknowledgements). Unfortunately, monthly donations are not possible. Because there are no service or transaction fees to you (the donor) or to SGF (the recipient), SGF receives 100% of the amount donated. SGF keeps track of donations by monitoring the PayPal Giving Fund dashboard (of course, you also can also let us know!). And unless you tell PayPal that you wish to remain anonymous, we at SGF will send our own heartfelt thanks.
Donate Appreciated Stock or Make a Bequest
SGF welcomes donations of appreciated stock as well as bequests. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will work with you to best meet your priorities.
SGF is a 501(c)3 public charity, Federal ID # 04-3565429. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law and will be acknowledged accordingly.
SGF is a member of the Amazon Smile program, which donates 0.5% of purchases made on Amazon.com. Just one half of one percent doesn’t seem like much, but as of March 31, 2018, SGF has received $539.31 through Amazon Smile.
To register and get started, go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/04-3565429. Then, just remember to enter the Amazon site through www.smile.amazon.com (rather than the usual amazon.com). Your shopping experience will be exactly the same, you will incur no additional charges or fees, and the kids SGF serves will smile in appreciation! Please keep in mind that SGF does not have any way to know who has shopped on Amazon, or what they have purchased (so we are not able to thank anyone individually). SGF just receives a transfer into its bank account on a quarterly basis and we have to trust Amazon that they are handling Smile disbursements correctly.
Every dollar donated to or raised by SGF funds the Summer Camp Scholarship Program, and thus promotes the safe and enriching experiences that are so crucial to healthy child development.